Assignments this week

Looking over the regular assignments, I am most interested in the Storytelling, even though I'm not exactly sure what that involves yet.  I like to write and I like blog posts, especially if we can get creative.  This class involves a lot of work and time it seems, especially considering my other course load and other commitments such as my family & job, but I am looking forward to it I think.

The extra credit assignments I'm looking forward to are the Tech Tips and Wikipedia Trails.  I've been known to get lost down the Google or Pinterest rabbit holes quite often and Wikipedia Trails sounds like that sort of assignment, which is right up my alley.  Tech Tips I'm interested in because my major & career path put me into the IT field.  Plus I'm always up for more image editing tips, even though I'm pretty much a pro at Photoshop & Lightroom, but I've never made memes before & that looks like fun.  Famous last words, extra commenting & reading are also something I wouldn't mind if I have the time.

This class is nothing like any other class I've ever had before, and probably nothing I ever will have.  I'm not crazy about the time commitment because I'm swamped already, but I'm going to keep up with it because it's truly intriguing.  I used to love to blog, but often would run out of things to write about because my life is pretty boring:  work, family, school...we never really go anywhere or do anything exciting unless it's a horse show & those are on hold right now.  I used to be a photographer & had tons of photos I could blog, but we no longer live on a ranch & my kids are grown or at the age they don't want photos of them, so I'm out of subjects for the most part.  Shooting now would involve loading up gear & driving somewhere to shoot...which brings up that lack of time thing again. 

I really like that this class is all about blogging and the only thing we really use Canvas for is to report in that we did the assignments and keep up with our assignments.  That's got to be one of the coolest ideas ever!  As a small business owner, blogging is a good way to interact with people so it's a very useful skill to have and I have a feeling this class is going to push me to new ideas and thinking.  I used to love to write & tell stories, but as life got crazy busy & in the way, it just kind of fell to the wayside.  I've been wanting to start writing a journal, but hadn't found a way to start or what to put in it yet.  Most of what I'd want to journal, I probably couldn't put in a blog post because privacy, but still, this could be a creative outlet I was wanting.


(Lavender oil from WebMD The article is crap, but the photo is pretty.  I use tons of essential oils all the time & have never had any trouble, but you do need to use common sense.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life