Storybook Favorites

I chose random storybooks for this assignment but was mostly pleased with what I found.

The first storybook I read was "Italian Fairy Tales".  I hadn't heard of these fairy tales before, but they are pretty similar to other fairy tales that I have read.  Both of the stories presented were beautiful tales with good morals presented.  The Intro did a good job luring me in, but I was already intrigued because I am greatly interested in Italy.  The layout of the storybook was very good as well.  The Italian photos were beautiful and the layout was very simple and easy to follow.  The navigation and the breaking down of the stories into parts was very easy to follow.  I truly loved both stories that were used and how she changed the first story into something that she liked better.

The next storybook I read was "OU's Haunted Halls"  The layout was good on this one.  I especially liked the pick-your-path style story of "Tragedy in Cate Center."  The stories were very entertaining and I'd never realized there were that many ghost stories associated with OU, although with a campus as old & historic, I guess I should have known there would be.  The intro definitely grabs you if you like a good mystery or ghost story.

The final storybook I read was "Forgotten But Not Gone." This one did not have a very good layout at all.  You were constantly finding yourself having to go back to the intro page instead of just checking more links.  The intro was very long & tedious.  It was entertaining for sure, but long.  It was a good collection of stories and interpretations, but they were also very long.  Also, the font & line spacing made it harder on the eyes to read.

(Image of Thor from Pixelstalk.net because Thor is yummy!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life