Technology

Ah technology, one of my favorite things and subjects!

I am pretty familiar with blogging and website building/maintaining as I used to be a professional photographer and those are tools of the trade for photographers.  You have to have a website for people to view their images on after the show/shoot, and a blog helps keep you connected with your customers.  Also, I used both of those for my husband's horse training business because again, photos and keeping connected are important.  As is bragging about your, and your customers',  accomplishments!  Bookmarking and image editing are easy for me, because again, photographer and someone who likes to get lost down the Google rabbit hole.  Graphics creation I have done through Photoshop, but none of the web options listed.  I'm good with any of the skills listed or required and eager to learn anything new, because this sort of thing thrills me!!!  There's always something new to learn with technology, photo skills, writing skills, and blogging so I'm excited to see what everyone else does and what I can learn.  Being older, I know that traditional college age students are going to have a different skillset than I do. 

My aunt is a writer, with seven books published and when she was doing publicity for the first one, her publishing company told her to set up a Facebook page and write something, anything every single day and put it out there because it was important for people to hear from her all the time, get to know her better, and by writing anything every single day, it would keep her skills sharp and improving.  She wasn't published until she was in her late 70's so you can imagine the challenge of learning social media and technology!  She still posts most every day on Facebook and I laugh when I see at least once a week that she puts up she lost her post or Facebook "ate her post" or some other tech problem.  Where she lives, internet is not the most reliable so that is always an issue as well it seems.

I'm really excited about the way this class is presented.  Blogging (and writing!) is a very good set of skills to have.  I'm excited that most of this online course is done outside of Canvas, what a great idea!  I've never had a course done line this and most likely won't have another one like this, but I sure wish I did, outside of it's a big time commitment!


(Image from Learning by HEART blog because this is my current life situation summed up in one meme!!!  It absolutely had to be on my blog!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life