Topic Brainstorm

So I seem to have gotten confused about how this week is going to work.  But here are the topics I'm considering for my final project.

Grimm Brothers:  Honestly I wasn't thinking of that at first but when I went searching for a story for a previous post, I came up with one that will work well.  So I'm not opposed to digging into some of their other stories to help with my topic.  Here's the story I used in one of my other posts, The Fox & the Horse.

Horses:  Because I'm married to a horse trainer and been horse crazy since I was little, I've read tons of horse books.  I found quite the list of horses in mythology on Wikipedia.

Harry Potter:  I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, I'll make no apologies for that.  And so much of the Harry Potter world has basis in mythology and folklore.  Many of the creatures definitely had their basis in mythology.  Here's a few links on that:
The Myths and Folktales behind Harry Potter
Hidden Myths and Legends in Harry Potter
Article on Ancient Origins
Harry Potter and the Mythological Connection

Mermaids or Mythical Creatures:  These are also part of the Harry Potter world.  I loved The Little Mermaid (Disney version) as a teen.  I also found the darker roles Mermaids played in Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter to be very interesting.  And mythical creatures will always tie into anything in the world of Harry Potter.


(Horse image from Pinterest)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life