Topic Research

I think I have narrowed my topic down to horses (or horse-hybrids like centaurs) in mythology.  I'm definitely going to use Harry Potter as a way to tell my stories for this.  This was something I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do when the course first started, but I'm actually really excited about it now after the professor has helped guide me a bit.

One of the stories I have chosen is the story of Chiron in "The Wise Centaur" from Greek mythology.  I think it will be useful in my topic because centaurs definitely fit in with the Harry Potter world as well as mythology, and there is enough of the story to make good use of it.

I found another story helping explain more of the story of Chiron and also the history of centaurs a bit further.


I have this story about the "Fortification of Asgard" which tells of how Sleipnir came to be in Norse mythology, but I'm not sure how much I can really use this one yet.  It's a very interesting tale, but how to adapt it will be the question.  There is also this story about Sleipnir that give quite a few more details.

I have also found a site called "Horses of Myth" that I didn't get a chance to fully explore, but what I did see, seemed very promising.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life