Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I'm receiving good feedback overall.  It does get frustrating, because you will often get contradicting feedback on stories.  But honestly, when I go to buy or download a book on Amazon, there are contradicting reviews on the books I read as well, so I guess it's to be expected.  After all, you can't please everyone and people find different writing styles better or worse for their own personal tastes.  I really don't like contradicting feedback on my Storybook stuff because I enjoy that project and want to do a good job with it, but I'm learning to live with it and just use the ones I want to use to make changes.

Leaving feedback.  This one is tough because I hate being rude.  One story I read was just plain bad, everything about it was contradicting itself, but I tried to leave useful feedback without being rude.  Some stories I read and they are either just too short to have enough to leave feedback on or I just don't connect with them.  I hate getting those when I'm running short on time & don't have time to read through 6 stories I don't want to comment on before finding 4 that I do want to comment on. 

I love getting to know people through their intros, but I'm running out of intros I haven't read already.  I do feel like you can get a decent idea of the person from reading their intro.  It's funny how we are all OU students, but all so different, even in our choice of majors.  I have found majors I didn't know existed at OU and wish I had seen before picking mine.  I'm not sure our stories we write help us know each other, unless someone always writes with a certain theme, style, or interest, but they are usually interesting.

Looking forward:  I haven't gotten a ton of comments on my Intro post, so maybe I need to change it, but honestly I'm not sure how I would do that.  I'm always excited when I get an email notification that I've gotten feedback, so I guess I do like the feedback.  I might also want to try my hand at a couple of the more creative feedback options we've had.


I chose this image because whether it's feedback for this course, or just life in general, I have to remind myself of this.  I'm bad to let negative thoughts, my own or other people's, rule the space in my head.  Also I chose it because we used to have a cat that looked like that. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a non-traditional OU student

Week 3 Story: Aesop's Fables in Real Life